Patti Rebuilt Vessels
SKANSKA USA CIVIL SOUTHEAST INC. BARGE Repairs after Destruction of Hurricane Sally (2020-2021)
- Description:Structural and Hull Repairs to 17 of SKANSKA's Barges after the destruction of Hurricane Sally in Pensacola (2020-2021)
- Description:The 145’ M/V SIGNET WARHORSE I, Ocean Towing Tug, was hauled out at Patti Marine on September 14th. She weighed more than 1000 metric tons., and is undergoing the required 5 year ABS survey, and a very extensive modification.
The ABS survey requires the removal of the rudders, propellers, and main shafts; including shaft alignment, and check bearings/seals. It also includes inspection of the sea chests, sea valves, main engines, and other major mechanical equipment and machinery.
The SIGNET WARHORSE I propulsion system will be completely changed. In the bow, a new Azimuth Z-Drive (dropdown thruster) will be installed. For the main propulsion, a new CPP (controllable-pitch propellers) system will be installed. The complexity of this new system required Patti and Signet to collaborate with Kongsberg (formerly Rolls Royce Marine), and reconfigure several components and compartments of the vessel (to include electrical, hydraulic, machinery spaces, modify fuel tanks, and change the accommodations).
Once complete, the WARHORSE I will be homeported at Ingleside, Texas, and will serve as a major part of the ocean going tug program for Signet Maritime Corp.
It is noteworthy that the WARHORSE I was built by Patti Marine in 2002. She received the highly coveted “significant vessel of the year” award.
- Owner:SIGNET MARITIME CORPORATION
- Description:The Ocean Tug, ALICE C is a new addition to the Curtin Maritime Fleet of tugboats. M/V ALICE C is built to be very fast, with a fuel efficient hull design. She is a 4300 Horsepower vessel with a Nautican Kort Nozzle package, giving it 60 Tons of Bollard Pull, with the same or less fuel burn of other tugs with the same horsepower. Patti Marine is currently refurbishing the aged steel throughout, including full bottom paint coverage, tanks, forepeak, and cofferdam.
Patti Marine will have this magnificent vessel back to ABS class/load line certificate. Then the ALICE C will be homeward bound to the West coast - mainly operating in the Pacific Ocean.
- Owner:CURTIN Maritime
- Description:The 121’ F/V TITAN Trawler Conversion will be equipped to fish with specific nets to selectively trawl for targeted species – primarily Atlantic Illex and Loligo Squid, along with Herring and Mackerel. The TITAN will have all new equipment and systems including; piping, wiring, mechanical, electrical, hull insulation, and all accommodations (walls, flooring, galley etc.), as well as the pilothouse and all rigging (mast, booms and outriggers). When completed, she will be homeported in North Kingstown, RI.
- Owner:RELENTLESS, Inc., North Kingstown, RI
- Description:The 120' long x 25' beam Missile Retriever was hauled out at Patti Marine on May 29th, 2019. She is one of three Missile Retriever vessels for the USAF, and is operated and managed by Florida Offshore, Inc., located at Tyndall AFB, watercraft operations, Panama City, FL.
Some of the main work was a complete hull paint job, and pull rudders, propellers, and shafts, for required inspections. One of the ship modifications included the installation of a new fire alarm/fire suppression system.
Other work included a completely new exhaust system for the main engines and generators, selected sea valves, piping repairs, and hydraulic work.
- Owner:Florida Offshore, Inc.
- Description:The 97’ F/V STARLIGHT Conversion plans consists of; widen the vessel by adding 10’, install a new expanded bow, new stainless steel pilothouse, new accommodations (interior) and relocating deck equipment. When completed, she will return to her home in Vinylhaven, ME.
- Owner:STARLIGHT, INC. (O’Hara Corp.)
- Description:The 170’ Pollock Trawler, DEFENDER is the second conversion that we’ve performed for GLOBAL SEAS and the BBEDC. The end result is the highest capacity, most state of are wet-fish trawler in the Bering Sea. With an advanced fish pump system to protect the catch, a covered fish-handling/sorting area to increase crew safety, and a large RSW capacity to increase efficiency, the DEFENDER has raised the bar in the Alaska Pollock fleet.
- Owner:GLOBAL Seas, LLC / BBEDC
- Description:The 165’ DOÑA MARTITA, now the BERING DEFENDER is a project switched from a conversion to a total rebuild. The new, rebuilt, 174’ fishing vessel, continued north to Dutch Harbor, Alaska to fish its allocated catch in the Bering Sea. The BERING DEFENDER is the 3rd largest Pollock catcher in the U.S. The first to bear the new emblem, “Patti reBuilt”.
- Owner:GLOBAL Seas, LLC / BBEDC